Tuesday, April 7, 2009

singing praises.... and sayin' some prayers

As many of you know, Dustin has been out of a job since the 7th of February. I know we have had a lot of people praying for him, us, and our family! Dustin has applied for several jobs and has had a couple of interviews. Yesterday, D received a call offering him a part time job. He accepted the position as it is still work and has potential to moving into full time status in the future. While it doesn't meet our needs 100%, we are excited that Dustin has this job and opportunity.
I know, the next question on everyone's mind is, "what is he doing?" and "where is the job at?", "does it have insurance and benefits" ... I don't know, I don't know, and no! Like I said , this job isn't meeting 100% of our needs... a) it is only part time and will be making the same as his unemployment was/is, b) it is a contract position, c) no benefits or health insurance. So, while I am excited and counting my blessings that D has the employment, we still have a lot to pray for... so here is my list... more for me but you are welcome to join me too =)!

Job turns into full time/Dustin is happy with job choice
Private insurance quotes are affordable/good coverage for kids and dr. visits
Finances continue to be met (God has blessed us the last 2 months)
Dustin's choice to sell coffee at the farmers market
Kadyn on waiting lists for preschools
Daycare continues to thrive and stay full
Continued change in my attitude to see this situation more positivity vs negatively

Just laying it all out there. I know it is on my mind and I don't mind sharing it with everyone as I know Dustin and I have the greatest of support, friends, family, and prayer warriors that read my blog!
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

Molly said...

I will most definitely be lifting you up in prayer over the next few weeks or however long you need me to. Keep your head up and just remember that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, although at times it may feel like it...

Thanks for being such an AWESOME daycare provider and friend =)