Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A little bit of everything...


It is gloomy outside. Again. My backyard is a swimming pool and the daycare and I haven't been able to get outside and move this am. And I can tell. We had a fun morning playing dolls, trucks, and kitchen. But after awhile the tattling starts and they are ready to move. The Peanuts and I got our JAM on and wiggled to some music then went on the deck to get some fresh air. 

May is just a busy month. Isn't it for everyone? 
Our family has end of the season dinners, soccer  away games, dance recitals, graduation parties, last day of school, 6th grade promotion, and our last dance competition. All things I am looking forward to. It is fun to look back and see how much my kids have grown in just a year. I love that each kiddo is so involved in their own activity. And I am looking forward to having a small break from their activities. Summer for me is a time to re-group, relax, and enjoy all things family. I can not wait for school to be over. Well, maybe I can since Kadyn will promote to middle school. 

Oil Talk: I have a cool scanning tool called, iTovi. You hold it in your hand while it plays a short informational video. When it is done, it will tell you what essential oils your body is needing to help become more balanced. This morning I scanned myself and my three oils were: Surrender, Egyptian Gold, and Gathering. 

Surrender promotes emotional release and balance. It will also help work through inhibitions that are holding me back from my potential. (I am excited, I have this on hand as it also works great for 3 year old meltdowns!) 
Egyptian Gold is said to increase spiritual awareness and Gathering will create a relaxing aroma that helps tension and achieving my goals. 
This is just crazy to me... all three elements (release, balance, goals) have been on my mind this week. How do I continue to grow my oil business?  SHOULD I grow my business? How to keep up with schedules and housework? 
It is amazing that my body is needing balance. 
Last month I took a huge step and cancelled my Jazzercise membership.  That was hard for me, I love Jazzercise. It was over 50.00 a month and I was the only one getting excerise in. Plus with Gaby in soccer it was hit and miss if I could go to class. I loved getting out, getting my heart rate up, and seeing my friends. It is just a fun workout. 
In April I started BeachBody workouts. They are on my computer and anyone in my household can do them. Most of them are 30 minutes long and super challenging. I am so not where I need to be weight wise and I hate home work outs. But I like being healthy better. So I have to suck it up and get it done. Home workouts do allow for flexibility. I can workout during nap time and it doesn't take from my sleep, kids' activities, or family time. I have set my May goal for 5 workouts a week. 


Monday and Tuesday night was parent watch night at dance. I love coming back early and watching Kadyn and Kendal dance. Dance takes up a good portion of our monthly budget. Some months it is hard to come up with our extra fees and monthly tuition. But it is important to us. 
Dance is important to Kadyn and Kendal. 
I love watching them be active, make new friends, and build self confidence. They learn lessons in dance that I can not teach them. They are challenged and pushed past their limits. 
Watching these two girls perform is inspiring. 


I am reading a booked called, "Oola: Find Balance in an Unbalanced World".  It is a great read so far. I love the concept of "Oola". It is a state of awesomeness. It seems simple, right? This book focuses on the 7 "F's"(Fitness, Finance, Family, Field, Faith, Friends, Fun) to balance life. It digs deeper and explores Oola Blockers like fear, guilt, anger, laziness and more. It also talks about Oola Accelerators as well such as Gratitude, Love, Discipline, and Passion. 

I am about half way through the book. It is hard for me to sit and read so I am also using the audio book for when I have dishes, laundry and kids to chase after. Check this book out, it really puts things into perspective. Dr. Troy and Dr. Dave also released on May 2nd, Oola for Woman. It is in my hot little hands for when I finish this book! Let me know if you read either of these books, and we can get coffee and chat! 

Hope you are having a great week. Find joy in rainy day, do something for someone else and maybe pick up the phone and actually call to talk to a friend! 




No comments: