Thursday, October 8, 2009

random thoughts...

So, yesterday I closed daycare due to sickness. This is always such a huge choice... to close or not to close! I always have such mom guilt if my kids are sick at home and I can't wait on them hand and foot because I still have my "job" to do. And, they don't rest like they need to because they want to play with everyone and it just makes for a hard call. Coming out 5 days of flu like symptoms for myself... I did it. Closed! And, boy did it make a difference. We all slept in (even Gaby- I was a horrible mom and let her have a free day), Dustin went to work, and we rested. K saw her RN lady and confirmed nothing much had to be wrong but I still wanted to get her checked out just in case. I woke up today in a great mood, re-energized and ready to start back to daycare! What a difference one day of slowing down and resting can really do for everyone- it was what I needed to get over the last hump of being sick!

If you can ignore the bad picture/hair day, I just went to put something in the mailbox and was rained on...Nice! But, here I am at 23 weeks today! Baby girl peanut is kicking, dancing and moving everyday. She is still way low and loves to kick my bladder! Such a mean game to play-how many times can I make mommy pee in an hour.
Have I mentioned I have been sick this last week??? Oh yea, I was... and let me just tell you how much my husband ROCKED during these days! Last Friday around 9am when I was dying, I called him up in tears telling him how badly I felt, I could barely move, and when I would I would puke. He spoke to his boss and came home for a half day to get me through the crazy part of the day, fixed lunch, let me sleep, and got the kids in bed!

The entire weekend, I was out. Dustin took on the kids, dishes, house, meals, and never complained once about it! He even got up with me at 3am while I was hurling to make sure I was doing okay! What a man, what a man!

And...Look at what I got this week....... Answer to prayer!
And, why do I get weird looks when I talk to my children when I am at Walmart?
I always take Mia with me so if Dustin has things to get done he can and the older 2 can goof off. People just don't get that even when your baby can't always talk back, they thrive when you speak to them, make goofy expressions to them, and ask them which can of green beans we should get. Simple! Plus, Walmart shopping sucks so why not have someone fun to talk to while you suffer?
After all, who can have this face looking back at you from the cart and not smile, talk, and play games with her? She is too darn cute!!!
(and yes, she had already flipped out once due to the railing being left down while reaching for a diaper- not telling which parent it was because it would spoil everything I just wrote about him at the top of this blog)

And who buys ice cream from the ice cream truck in October... we do! One time this summer we missed the truck because I had no cash and Gaby melted down and I promised we would get it next time! Well, here is our next time. In October. $2.00 ice cream which she didn't even eat all of. And it made her face all purple and sticky. And ice cream truck driver had more gold in his teeth when I have in my jewelry box. And, he wondered why it was slow for business that day...maybe it was because it was October!


I will also close with how much I love rainy nap times and eating cheese and crackers while drinking a cherry coke! Life is good!

2 comments:

Dawn Estes said...

How wrong is it that I got teary seeing your beautiful INSURANCE CARD! Love that you got that happy mail today! Mia's a beautiful nut. you look amazing - I can't believe you're already more than halfway through. I'm so so so so so glad you're feeling better today!

**** said...

Oh that was awesome; love the insurance card, what a blessing. and yes! I love chatting with my hubba in the supermarket - it is so good for them and they love it! The ice cream story is hilarious! More gold... nice.
take care girl!