Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Last night I car pooled with some friends to Great Bend. A dear friend of ours lost her dad this week, and we ran up before the rosary to see her and her family. It was hard seeing my friend so sad but as always it was great to see her. My night was made better when I saw this little girl too. I haven't seen A since she moved in August.  The visit was short but it was so worth the drive to hug my friend and see her kids.

It was a great reminder that God has a plan for each and every person. Our time on earth is not a given and to live each day well. Just as my friend's dad did. He was loved. I have only met him a hand full  of times when they were in town visiting. The amount of people that showed up last night was huge. The laughs, the hugs, the stories, the pictures, and the tears being shared as people remembered this person was such a neat thing to watch and over hear.

I am sad for my friend, and her family as it has suffered a great loss. It takes strength to get through times like this. I pray for their family as their grieving process has already started! My heart is heavy as I know they will have some tough days ahead of them.

“Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered—how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath….And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.” (Psalm 39:4-5, 7)


No comments: