Tuesday, September 30, 2014

 Today, I am thankful for chicken nuggets. And the rest of our crazy day! 

Our morning started out with my monthly staff meeting at church- it never takes long but just switches up our day. 

After my staff meeting, I came home did daycare, fixed lunch and kids ready for a nap. 

*insert laundry here*

Ladies from TARC came today to see Quentin. Earlier we called and asked if we could cancel our 2:15 appt due to Dustin leaving at 2:30 and no one to help daycare at 3:00 when nap time was over, since our first appt was supposed to be 90 minutes.  

They didn't get our message. 

So... they showed up. I told the gals we called and I could only go til 3p and we would have to finish up later. During our appointment Dustin had to leave to grill food at the middle school. 

The lady talked to Qmans stuffed animal... I thought this was weird. 

At 3:15 I finally had to stop our time due to my daycare kids needing to get up, snack ect. 
The swell ladies from TARC wouldn't stop talking. Qman was his charming self, jabbered a lot, and was cruising around everything.  After our crazy, non focused time, they told me he did not need services and looked like he would be walking soon on his own. 

(Yay.... I thought that too but no one listens to the parents) 

Dustin and Gaby had tail gating dinner at the middle school and Gaby had a band performance at half time. She didn't even come home after school- it was a long day for her too! 

I cooked up some chicken nuggets, pulled some grapes out, unwrapped cheese sticks, added peanuts and granola bars and we had dinner in the van in our divided up tupperware containers. No fast food for us... well, it was FAST food but from home and well... you get it.  

While D and G were at school-he cooked over 120 hamburgers tonight; I had Q, K, M and Kk on the road to dance. While driving, my hair was going nutzo and kept looking like this. It bugged me and I couldn't fix it. 
 At 5:00 I dropped Kadyn and Mia off to dance in North Topeka, raced back to the middle school to watch Gaby. They performed and did great! I was super proud of their band. I know we did not sound this good when I was in band. I love that she is getting these experiences at such a young age. 

She loves middle school.

Okay- she looks super darn cute as a drummer. I know I am her mom and already think the world of her but it fits her and her personality! 
 I really don't know how people do it... we have Gaby and middle school world. We have Kadyn and Mia in elemtry school world. We have Kendal in preschool world. And we have Quentin in baby/toddler world. This is just WAYYYYY to many worlds for me! That's not even mentioning Dustin and I's world... 

 I love this pic....


After her half time performance, I took Kenni and Qman back to dance, dropped Kenni off to her class, picked Mia up, waited 30 minutes for Kenni to finish. After she was done...

We went to Mc Donald's germ land... I mean, play land. We had 45 minutes till Kadyn was done and Kenni, Mia, and Q were antsy. We played and giggled. Qman loved climbing and going down slides. 

Pulling into the driveway at 8:15 I am thankful for our busy day. By God's grace Dustin and I can divide and conquer. 

I am thankful for chicken nuggets because they are a quick dinner that our kids can eat on the road and it means we didn't eat out. Along with grapes, peanuts, and cheese we have our own happy meal on the go. 

 I am thankful for our kids having activities that make them stronger and better people.  And for middle school where I see Gaby becoming this awesome-sauce kid before my very own eyes.

 For dance were I see three beautiful girls express themselves through movement and music. 

I am thankful for McDonalds playland that allows us to use up 45 minutes of time with giggles and activity. Watching Qman climbing up slides and stairs leading him to a fun new world.  

And for my hubby who is on this wild ride of life with me. I couldn't ask for a cooler guy to do life with! 

So even with all of our worlds going on, our busy days, and our late nights, and now bedtimes...I am thankful for chicken nuggets. 

No comments: