Tuesday, July 13, 2010

random thoughts...

I feel like summer is going by so fast. I don't have the time to blog very much, keep up on the house, or stay caught up. I miss my little people nap time. That is one perk I am looking forward to having back once school starts.

I am stressing over school starting... awe... not even going to allow myself to go there! Next thought!

We have/are having a fun summer. We spend a lot of time outside, in the pool, softball fields, and taking walks. (I normally go by my self for my 3 mi. walk then have to go around again with the kids with the stroller, bikes, and wagon.) I love that my kids like going on walks with me.

I love this picture of Mia. Within the last couple of weeks I have really seen some changes in her. She is growing up. She is talking in sentences, her features are changing, and she is sassy as ever. I just reserved her spot for her 2nd birthday. I just can not believe she will be 2 in a few weeks. What a saucy addition she is to our family!
I am off tomorrow. My mother in law is watching Kenni and Mia while D and I take the older girls to a water park. Some times I can't wait to have everyone old enough to enjoy going to the water park together as a family but for now, I can wait. I don't wish my babies to grow up too fast! With Kenni and Mia still needing naps and one on one help in the pools we thought the day would be well spent with Gaby and Kadyn. They are so excited too.

My girls are in the pool all the time. We have a little pool in the drive way and if we are home, they are in it. They are human fishes. Even Mia loves the water, but thinks she doesn't need a float- still a fight to keep her safe and above the water.

Slowly but surely... we are getting house projects completed. We have borrowed Dustin's dad's truck and are getting some things checked off the list. Dustin got some wood-chips this last weekend to spruce up front play area before we put the new swingset for the girls up.
We are embarking on another huge project... replacing our deck. Our deck is pretty old and is showing signs of its age. We have had a couple of bids and hopefully have a start date late July/early Aug. Along with the deck, we are gonna have a paint party for the outside of the house. Pizza and Beer provided for anyone who wants to help paint our house! I really can not wait to give our 40 year old house a face lift!!!

Just finished up 2 hours of credit for my food program. I couldn't make the training so I had to do a take home test. This is my second year of doing this and let me just say--- Never Again will I miss a food program class. I hate tests, reading about menus, and completing all the extra paperwork. Never Again will I miss the in-service!!! NEVER!

I am getting started on my weight loss journey again. I have started my journal, going back to Jazz class every day, and walking. I have got my goals written down and hope to see progress soon. I just can not be as aggressive as I was after Mia but I certainly will stick to my plan and get the extra Kenni weight soon! So, look for updates and help keep me motivated! =)

I haven't gotten to blog too much about July 3rd party but man it was a hit. We had our small group and family come over for smoked meat and side dishes. After dinner, more friends and neighbors stopped by for Dustin's firework show.
Here is a part of the party- we had more people inside as well. I counted over 100 people for D's show. By far the biggest turn out! This was our 10th year of having a July 4th celebration. We used to gather at his moms house and see what new toy he built to use. We have come a long way!
On the 4th we had a parade. We rode on a trailer w/ our neighbor/daycare family/friends. It was nice to sleep in and not worry about having to get everything decorated. Gaby did ride her bike so we decked it out. I do love the 4th but glad it is over with. Now it is time to start thinking about birthdays and Christmas! Whew!


I am learning a lot about school age children. Having one and working with 6 of them every day is totally different. My little guys love having the routine and structure. My older kids just want to play outside, water play, and DS with their friends. I try to do lessons but don't push it. It is their summer too so I am trying to let go and be more laid back with our day so they are having fun. No regrets. And while I am learning about this age group, I must say... I have a good group. They play well together.

Well... I better wrap up all of my randoms and hit the sack. We have a big day tomorrow and I have a lot to do as normal. Thanks for checking in!

No comments: