Friday, July 30, 2010

Lots of changes...


are coming our way... today was the first of them! We had a celebration today as we said good bye to some of our friends.
This is a group shot of all of my school aged (or soon to be school agers). We have had a busy and fun summer. We have had our ups, downs, drama, "I'm not your friend this minute", laughing, singing, pretending, crying, learning times this summer. And, I would have not changed it for anything!
Today it was all about them. They were excited as they were welcomed with balloons, it was a perfect way to set the mood for our party!

After everyone was here, we started our special snack. We had a special cake (made by Jan Hogan) that had everyone's name on it. It made it very special. When cutting the cake, I had to try to get everyone their own name!
After we had cake (and cookies- Thanks A, everyone loved them), I had a special surprise waiting for them. We love music so much. We have been jamming this week to Kiz Bop 18. So, my kids got copies of that CD. I hope they remember when listening to it where it came from and think of the fun summer!
Yesterday and today the older kids have been working on memory pages. We had printed pictures from the summer and they each got to scrapbook their memories here. They all turned out very well. They were all very proud of the end result!


I hate last days, changes, and saying good bye. My job is very personal as I open my home and our family to each child that attends here. I understand when each child comes to my house there will be a day that they will leave. It still never gets any easier to let them go. My first set of kids are leaving today. Then I am letting go of more when school starts. Today is the first step of a lot of changes coming my way.

No comments: