Thursday, June 10, 2010

random thoughts...

It has been an odd week... not a bad or good week but just odd. Today we had the AC people back to fix the unit again, while it was still cooling the house, it was never shutting off. It has been running and running since it was fixed the first time. I am a little scared to see the bill for this month. But, it is now fixed!

Last night Mia woke up crying 4-5x last night, this is my big sign she has an ear infection... Dustin was able to take her up to the Walgreen's clinic over lunch and yep, another infection. This is #3 in three months.

This last weekend, I think we were home for about 2 hours total (not including sleeping time). I feel like I am still recovering from that... I am getting too old for this. But, see an end coming soon... there is about 2 weeks in July that we will be bored and have nothing to do!

After Kenni's discouraging check up, I stopped nursing. Well, I tried to anyway. I held off for about 4 hours. Then I had such mom guilt for doing so and gave in. I know she is my last one and she is doing good! Yes, it is work and takes some planning on my part but it is so worth it. We are almost to 5 months of doing this, what is a few more at this point?

Gaby's softball team has been doing weekend tournaments. They are doing pretty well. Last Saturday they played 4 games in one day! They placed 3rd. The one before that they placed 2nd. I love watching Gaby and Kadyn's softball games. However because of Kenni and Mia, I have to pick and choose games to watch or we take 2 cars in case we have meltdowns. I normally do the 2nd one so I don't miss out.

I am so blessed to be able to stay at home and do the job I do. I love it. However, summers are hard on the girls. Gaby has told me several times already that she doesn't always like being "a part of daycare". I try to give her and KK choices but then the daycare kids sometimes don't understand why they can do something different at times. I am looking forward to some days off soon so we can play, go the pool, and a trip to KC. I try to keep it relaxed and laid back during the summer, finding a balance between activities and routine to free play. I want everyone to have a fun time.

To end my randomness, I leave ya with some "fun in the sun" pictures from a friends house.

Little Mia in her "boat" as she calls it.

Kadyn being a little shy at the pool... which is so not like her.

Kenni and Dad... soaking up some rays! After all, she is our little sunshine!


And my dare devil Gaby... she loves jumping off the diving board. She would be in the water 24/7 if she could be!

No comments: