Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cheers... to not being high risk...

Yesterday I went for my monthly check up at my OB. I must say it is a little weird going in at 17 weeks and 6 days to meet your doctor. As the appointment went on, she was asking me about my previous pregnancies and being "high risk". With all three of my children I have always been at risk due to my weight and then blood pressure. At this point with G, K, and M, I have always been seen every 3 weeks instead of 4 weeks, I have been on medications for blood pressure, and had to get my blood pressure taken weekly to be monitored.

It wasn't until yesterday I was told, "You are not a high risk pregnancy". I can't help but think loosing weight after Mia's birth has made this happen. This time around I am currently not on medications, I am seeing the OB once a month, and I was told my weight gain is great! My morning sickness is almost (knock on wood) gone, I feel more active, and I am not in bed at 8pm like I was with the others. I feel good!

Just to help see the difference, as I am a visual learner, here I am at 4 1/2 months with Mia...
And here I am today (bad picture, but you get the point), 4 1/2 months with Peanut Fluke...

Cheers to not being high risk...

I was so scared to buy maternity clothing the past few weeks because I was scared that I wouldn't feel as good as I did wearing my own things. I actually had fun going out and buying a few things because I was able to shop at Old Navy and not drive to KC for the plus size Motherhood store. I scored 2.oo pairs of carpi pants that were size large vs 3x. What a life changing year this has been. I am blessed!
Even though some days it is hard to look down and see my body changing and the number on the scale go up a pound or two or seven, I know I am more healthier this time around and I am not "high risk".

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is awesome girl!!! When we are both done will you help keep me motivated to lose the weight after this one. That would help SO much! I just need someone to report to, kwim???

Dawn Estes said...

You rock! Look at the difference - not only in the weight, but in your expression - your rock star smile now! I'm so happy for you; so proud of you; and pleased as punch that you are not high risk!!!!!!