Monday, November 29, 2010

random thoughts...

Thanksgiving has come and gone... and I am certainly not ready for the Christmas season. Maybe a little Humbug(ish) this season. I am sure this will change after the first trip of Christmas shopping.

Our Thanksgiving holiday was great- we hosted a dinner at our place and all of our family was there. We even snapped a picture with Great-grandma and the great grand-kids. This was the least worst picture out of all of them.
We did find out that day that Dustin's grand father was in the hospital in Texas (they live here in Topeka but were visiting family for Thanksgiving) because he had 2 seizures (?), they ran a bunch of tests and still can not find what caused them. He is on medications and still in Texas.

Our van is fixed- we had the transmission go out on the one vehicle that a) was working and b) fits our family. It was a major blow to my attitude and our budget. You never plan for huge repairs like this and it just made me an emotional wreck for sure. But it has worked out- and we are driving the family van again!

I am trying to fill a part time (up to 4 days a week) spot. I know with holidays a lot of people are not really looking for child care but- I am putting it out there in case you know of someone!!! Drag them to my blog to show off some of the fun things we do everyday!!!

This past Saturday went to the Christmas parade downtown. Hmmm, 31 years of living in Topeka and I never knew we had a Christmas parade. But we do! Some people from the Topeka Bible Church light show got together and decked out the church van to advertise and get the word out about the show coming up. We rode to the parade in the van- then walked or should I say ran in the parade handing out fliers and candy! It was a fun time and great weather!
Yesterday was spent getting outside decorations out... Dustin had some help.
And, today is back to our routine... 5 days off sure did take it toll. I have 6 loads of laundry waiting to be folded and about 8:30am I was ready for a nap. Gaby was up and fixed her own breakfast--- love this girl.

No comments: